You'd think that a person with a master's degree in what is kind of basically finding and interpreting information would be able to figure out what she needs to vote.
You'd also think that the political party that kind of rose to power by simplifying as much as possible to a ridiculous degree would make voting easier in one of what they clearly consider one of "their" states.
And, thirdly, you'd think that when a poll worker tells you that you are "good to go", that the ballot you are about to submit is not provisional.
So, to make a long story short, I have to find a place to get an ID*--you'd also think that a state would not pass Voter ID laws and shut down a good deal of their DMV offices near-simultaneously--and take it to some office a few blocks from my apartment in the next 10 days.
I'm also pissed because of the school board part of the ballot. I remember hearing some woman on the local NPR (they profiled all the school board candidates) talk about bringing Christian prayer in schools and other unconstitutional, fairly disrespectful things, but I couldn't remember the bitch's name this morning when it came time to vote against her reactionary ass. For a second, I thought about just voting for all the male names, but then I realized that there's no guarantee that they didn't say the same prayer-related things, just on a morning I wasn't listening.
So anyway, go vote. It'll probably be less of an ordeal for you than it was and will continue to be for the rest of the week for me.
And if you need any more reason why you should try to vote conservatives out of office, my stupid internet filter is now blocking any site with "blogspot" in the url, flickr, youtube, and google image searches. When my crew ask me why, I like to go all Ms Sarcastic on 'em and tell them it's because they're all just little children who need to be protected from those bad, bad things. And then I tell them about DOPA and, because I don't librarian to morons, they all figure out pretty damn quick that "social networking sites" anymore, are just about anything worth going to online.
*Because why on earth would I spend money and take what is basically a learner's permit test when I'm leaving in less than a month for a state that doesn't make you do those things to get a license?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I voted, for all the good it did. The good people of Salt Lake Shitty re-elected that crummy singer Orrin Hatch for the millionth time. Well, at least the public transit initiative passed.
I must know more about this public transit initiative!
--PoBaL (our internet filter is making logging in to comment kind of an excessive pain in the ass.)
Post a Comment