
Nat wonders why we're getting rid of it. I wonder why we bought it in the first place.
Here are some more Breakfast Club quotes, if you're interested. I know I am.
Amongst the other people she thanks are Rebecca DeMornay and Eric Stoltz. (I wonder if he dressed up like a chicken at the book release party?) She also quotes the bit from Franny & Zooey where Zooey-as-Buddy reveals to Franny that Seymour's Fat Lady is Christ.
Which, if you know the book at all, is a hell of a pretentious thing for a teen actress to quote at the beginning of her second volume of poetry. Yes, second: the first was called She Was Nice To Mice. I am not making this up. It was published when she was twelve.
Hanging from inebriated ropes
he choked away my pride and hope
not woman enough
no angel, too rough
I failed
to save him
By breathing I have let him down
a garish painted circus clown
not goddess enough
too human to love
this whore
a portrait in a magazine
so pretty on a movie screen
I'm not tempting enough
clothed in flesh and blood
I failed
to transform it
Now falling
coming back to earth
do I even merit human birth?
Prove that you should be his wife
You are unfit for this life
I fall
undid my bodice and let out my breath
one wrong moment
Superheroes
I have known a few
but watched them fly away on cue
shortsighted
I didn't know
their envy I would come to owe
to him.
I've sinned
too close too much
won't admit human touch
again
I'll never be woman enough.
Women aren't enough.
Enough.
Yeesh--and I though High Art was hackneyed, melodramatic tripe.
Also, if someone could tell me how this picture looks, that'd be great. Guess who's filter decided to block flickr and blogger pictures today?
2 comments:
"Melrose Place is a really good show."
And the pix look fine...
Keanu Reeves has a band, 'Dogstar'. Reading that poem reminded me of that, for some reason.
Post a Comment