Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Egg--I mean, Ann.

The last four episodes of Arrested Development are going to air Friday night, opposite the Olympics starting. There's also an Arrested Development swap going on on Craftster, and I'm so mad I forgot to sign up for it.
Billboard 2-11-06
  • The ad cover is a happy birthday with to Clarence, "from all of us who care," which is kind of a shitty way to put it, when you think about it.
  • Like, anyone who didn't chip in $6 for Clarence's Billboard cover? They just don't care enough.
  • The real cover promises me more bringing-the-music-back-to-New-Orleans (which I'd care more about if they were putting this kind of press and $$ into getting the icky, etc. out first), the production of the Grammys, and James Taylor.
  • I kind of really hate James Taylor.
  • He did a good job of calming down Homer and his fellow astronauts before the inanimate carbon rod saved the day, though.
  • In rod we trust.
  • Taylor's getting some kind of lifetime achievement award, isn't he?
  • grrr
  • I'm trying to play Puzzle Inlay while I'm doing this, which is a bit distracting on both ends.
  • I guess this "High School Musical" show is the new big thins?
  • I haven't seen it.
  • It's like I keep saying: the library should be paying for me to get cable, so I can keep up with pop culture.
  • Tightwads.
  • Someone's trying to sue Apple over iPod-related hearing loss.
  • I mean, if you were really serious, wouldn't you go after the designer of bud-style headphones in the first place?
  • I don't like those kind of headphones, anyway. They don't keep your ears as warm.
  • One of the guys in Disturbed has a "sexy" devil girl head tattoo that looks tremendously fake.
  • That's the second sentence I've typed today who's clunkiness reminded me of this:
  • ...this thing on it which tells time.
  • The 2 hottest ringtones are My Humps (which seems to be obeying that restraining order I placed against it) and someone's cover of the Super Mario Brothers theme. Interesting...
  • or not.
  • If indie column guy mentions that damn best alternative Grammy U2 won like 10 years ago, I swear I'm going to scream.
  • Right here at the fancy new reference desk.
  • Which doesn't have a keyboard shelf yet and everyone that works adult reference is taller than me, so this chair is too short.
  • My wrists hurt.
  • His complaints against the Grammys remind me of freshman girls in womens studies classes.
  • Everyone with an interest has heard it all before, and doesn't care about this "fresh" new take on the matter.
  • Whenever they talk about piracy in this magazine, it's never the fun kind.
  • Speaking of which, Airborn by Kenneth Oppel is really good.
  • It's got zeppelins, adventure, love across class lines, sky pirates, and fantastical beasts.
  • Wowee, a zeppelin! Hey, that's mine!
  • Clarence has apparently done a lot of things. And knows a lot of people.
  • And Oprahs got a birthday wishes ad, too.
  • Oh look, it's another Belle & Sebastian review that includes the word "precious." Asses.
  • I'm going to buy the new album on Friday.

No comments: