Last night I knitted up some of the yarn I dyed, to test gauge for making this out of the pink lemonade stuff and to see how the rest looked. Plus, I ran out of baby blanket yarn and can't buy more until the SuperJoanns opens at the end of the week, so I was fidgety and hurting for a project.
I was playing with the light green and thinking about scarves to match my winter coat. Then, this morning, I remember this stuff:
It's basically a string with sequins spaced periodically that you hold along with another yarn so that there's a sequin every so often.
If this came in pink, I could knit it with the green and make the best disco/prep scarf ever!
Yeah, it doesn't come in pink. I'm thinking green and silver would be pretty, but not as fun as my original idea.
If anyone has any other ideas, let me know
***
veronica and i decided that you will have at least eight children and live on a farm in the south
My sister left this comment on my MySpace a couple days ago. At first I thought it was funny, but, after our phone conversation last night, not so much. Because she said that she really could see that. And used the phrase "Earth mother." And I wonder, does my sister not know me at all?
My general distaste for babies?
That I have trouble sleeping unless there are traffic noises and the occasional siren?
Etc.?
2 comments:
Didn't we discuss how I'm having the pregnancy/infant stage and giving the creature to you as soon as it starts to talk? Are you backing out of the plan? The plan that combines my loathing of children with your dislike of babies?
You're always letting me down. Sigh.
I'm not letting you down. I'm neglecting to let my family know of my plans, so it's them who are being let down.
My mom would probably request that you have a baby with a blue eyes, by the way.
Post a Comment