Thursday, May 04, 2006

She’s got an Out Tray full of guys.

I'm taking applications for this summer's crush object.
Ideally, applicants will be:
  • straight males
  • who live somewhat close to me
  • and aren't miserable bastards.

Previous crush objects may apply, but preference will be given to new applicants.

There is a dress code. (No Beards, No Shorts, No Coldplay.)

Submit applications electronically or in person.

Management reserves the right to mock mercilessly any and all applicants.

10 comments:

Melissatrons said...

hahahaha

Anonymous said...

NO SHORTS?! but then how will you judge the legs?!!?

This reminds me that the weather is getting good and it's time to bring the shorties out of storage...

Tiff said...

you forgot to include "knows that girls are people too" in your list of qualifications

PoBaL said...

I'll send all the shorts-wearers your way, Bennett.
Tiff, there are a lot of things I left out of qualifications. I figure start with a wide net, then narrow the search down.

Rebecca said...

whoa, I just clicked through to here via BSC Headquarters and I think that you may be my clone or soulmate or something. I too am big on the "where are they now" game with the BSC characters- though I was more on the crack ho/alky/general trainwreck path, LOVED Jordan Catalano despite his illiteracy, was obsessed with Weetzie Bat (thanks for alerting me to the new book), and totally related to the Blake Nelson's Girl. Wow.

cara said...

What happened to "no sandals"? Are you weakening?

PoBaL said...

While I do still dislike sandals, I find Coldplay to be more repulsive.

Anonymous said...

Coldplay is definitely a dealbreaker.

I once dated a really cool girl who unfortunately listened to really horrible music. The only fights we had were in the car over the stereo. One word: Yanni.

PoBaL said...

I can't help but feel that one cannot be cool and listen to Yanni.

Melissa, was that judgmental enough for you?

Anonymous said...

I know! It seems completely counterintuitive. You can't even justify liking Yanni for camp value, because he's not campy (He just sucks... Boy does he suck.) But until she dropped the Yanni bombshell, she was this brilliant girl who had completed her BA in Philosophy in 2 years while doing humanitarian volunteer work in India over the summer. I guess what I'm saying is, everyone has their achilles heel.