Pretty Spoiler Space Picture from LOC
Plot holes like:
- No one wonders how they found the Flock's secret hideaway on the side of a mountain?
- Max hasn't connected the CHIP in her ARM to Angel's kidnapping.
- Does no one wonder if the rest of them have chips?
- Of course they're being tracked! They're big expensive secret government experiments! I'm building human/bird hybrids secretly, I wanna know where they are.
- No one is going to kill a mind reader. Unless she mindread some big government secrets. (But isn't my familiarity with various Judd projects why I'm having troubles here? I keep trying to build a damn universe, and finding out that there are all these other bird/kids in other Patterson novels that aren't here isn't helping much.
- Um, the adult disappeared 2 years ago. How are they paying for food, internet access, and, oh, gee, I don't know--ELECTRICITY?
- And who taught them to read the internet, anyway?
- Max looks in the fridge and makes a crack about "food fairies" visiting. Then, in the next paragraph, someone's eating an egg. Where'd the egg come from?
- Are they raising chickens?
- Isn't kinda gross to eat eggs if your genetic makeup includes bird DNA?
I don't think this is just an age thing; I'm betting TeenJessy would have the same questions. Of course, she was also convinced that Krychek from The X-Files was an android.
Now why can't I just sit back and let the story unfold? I don't have this kind of problem with the XMen; I just take it for granted that nothing makes sense, people come back to life, and I have no idea who half the characters are or why their outfits are a certain color.
*Actually, I'm kind of thinking Jeb isn't dead, but the title was too good to pass up.
No comments:
Post a Comment