Thursday, April 27, 2006

the best detective's a child detective

Billboard April 22
  • Here's also my review of Bad Kitty by Michele Jaffe.
  • It is awesome.
  • Like if Meg Cabot had written Lulu Dark.
  • Not that I don't love Lulu with all my snarky little heart and lie awake nights waiting for the Summer of the Fox to begin, of course.
  • Because I do.
  • Very very much.
  • Even more than I used to like Pearl Jam, who are the Billboard cover band this time.
  • aaa--I just got completely sucked into Bennett's blog. Lulu has a mixtape now!
  • That's so exciting.
  • Actually, it looks like Penguin's doing mixes for various YA books.
  • Anyway, you should read Bad Kitty. It wins the PoBaL Best Use of Footnotes in a YA Novel Award for Achievement in the Field of Excellence.
  • Which I just made up.
  • Sarah Dessen, how dare you have a mix for Just Listen when the book is full of fake bands!?
  • But anyway, it's a cool idea.
  • You should also read Bad Kitty because its cover is sparkly and if you read it on your balcony, maybe the glitters will distract people walking below.
  • And Jasmine lifts fingerprints with eyeshadow.
  • And there's a giant pink sparkly van.
  • With a CB radio.
  • Seriously, dude--it's awesome.
  • Oh, and her evil cousin and her evil cousin's BFF keep making up stupid slang ("fetch" anyone?) and one of the things they say is that things are "visa" b/c they're everywhere you want to be.
  • Which just reminds me of "A Fish Called Selma" and Troy McClure telling Selma that JubJub was everywhere she wanted to be.
  • It just got crazy at the library: books on mudpies, computer sign-ups, overly difficult phone computer signups, unnecessarily loud storytime...
  • Oh my god, I haven't even opened the damn issue yet.
  • Either Madonna has extremely well-defined kneecaps or she fucked her leg up shaving.
  • Today's No Shit Sherlock Award goes to...
  • "James Blunt sells better at mass-market chains."
  • Man, I'm giving awards away left and right today, aren't I?
  • One of my patrons was singing "Scotty Doesn't Know" and now I can't get it out of my head.
  • boring, boring
  • "Windy City indie-flavored Web site Pitchfork"
  • Yeah, Pitchfork is indie-flavored like Legs is slightly an asshole.
  • If I had the energy, I'd go to Underground Garage to find out how Li'l Steven's list is chosen.
  • However, due to some weeks-old shitty math I discovered at the beginning of my dinner break yesterday leading to hours of Jessy break-down neurotic fun, I didn't really eat yesterday.
  • By the time the shitty math was corrected, it was too late to eat anything and not feel gross (you know, how you eat too late and you feel gross?).
  • It's been a long long time since I've had a day that food-void. I think the last one was when I was afraid to eat b/c I thought my period was making me nauseous, when really it was the months-out-of-date painkillers at Kinko's.
  • Wait--Jack White is having a baby!?
  • No one ever tells me anything before they tell Li'l Steven.
  • ...long article about the return of pop.
  • You guys, I'm kind of sick of that song that samples "Tainted Love". Remember when I was all excited about it? So very long ago...
  • I've also ALMOST officially given up on the OC.
  • I just don't give a shit anymore.
  • But I'll still read the TWOP recaps.
  • Soul Asylum are coming out with a new album.
  • You know, I think I need to repeat that.
  • In all caps.
  • SOUL ASYLUM ARE COMING OUT WITH A NEW ALBUM.
  • Yeesh.
  • But will this one help find missing kids?
  • Wait, Tommy Stinson's on it?
  • Iggy Pop's got the 6 questions.
  • "If I'm going to try a couple tracks with Green Day, why not get the original band?"
  • I love you, Iggy Pop.

1 comment:

Tiff said...

you just want fake-punk damon...it's true, i know it...i think stinson's playing cause one of the soul asylum guys died. just to be a total downer.

SCOTTY DOESN'T KNOW! SCOTTY DOESN'T KNOW!

'scusi, 'scusi.