- I've been listening to a lot of the KEXP podcasts lately, thanks to Tiff.
- There's not enough rock, a bit too much poorly micced (miced? mic'ed? help) talk for my taste.
- But when the rocking starts, it's good.
- And the parts of the Billy Bragg one where he goes on and fucking on about what a general all around wanker James Blunt is are somewhat indescribable.
- Like, I wonder if there should be some sort of context:
- Does Billy Bragg get compared to James Blunt a lot?
- Did James Blunt take the last burger out from under Billy Bragg's nose at the BBBBQ* the night before?
- Did Billy Bragg lose the Queen of SXSW title to James Blunt?
- Anyway, the 2 big things on the cover this time are hiphop's big deals and Tool's new album.
- Neither of which I really care about, which would be why I've been going on and on about Billy Bragg vs James Blunt.
- Blue Man Group will be making ads for Swatch.
- I hope Tobias is their understudy, still.
- Aw, lookit this cute picture of David Cross.
- While we're at it and bored with Billboard, here's a very cute picture of Seth Rogen and Paul Rudd.
- Tiff, what were we watching that bbq sauce-faced girl from Wet Hot American Summer was in?
- "Tool's new album features artwork that can be viewed through a 'stereoscopic lens.'"
- I'm just sayin'.
- Sorry, this isn't very entertaining.
- Hell, it's barely entertaining me.
- Shouldn't Amazon let you sort your search results by descending release date?
- So Li'l Steven says that Paul Westerberg wrote a song on Joan Jett's new album.
- I can't find any other news about this.
- Or an answer to my question, Is this a new song, or "Androgynous" like she covered when we saw her at the casino?
- After which, when I was jazzed about the cover and the show in general, a friend of mine called the song "filler" on Let It Be.
- Ass.
- Also, Li'l Steven is mad at Mr Jobs for "tricking" the judge into letting him win the Apple vs Apple lawsuit.
- He even brings George Orwell into it.
- Not Li'l Steven's finest hour.
- Hey, did you guys know that Elizabeth Peyton painted Andre 3000?
- and here it is
- PoBaL previews:
- I made a skirt this weekend, and there'll be an illustrated post about that at some point.
- There's a new Bananarama album
- Hunh.
*The xtra B is for xtra barbecue.
What's that other B for?
That's a typo.
3 comments:
scrubs...
and your friend is an ass...he played part of that song when i saw him in providence, i think, but he couldn't remember the words...or it could have been on a boot that i have...i now have "tim" on my ipod!
The new Tool is okay (I've only listened to it twice now), though there's one track on the album where Maynard is singing some World-Beat, tribal-esque, pseudo-Native-American crap that makes me cringe when I hear it. The stereoscopic artwork is okay, I guess.
Billy Bragg! What a blast from the past.
Post a Comment