I got a call from my xboyfriend last night. This guy. Who I haven't spoken to, incidentally, since that conversation. He called because, in his words, his New Year's resolution was to "have a better relationship with [me]."
!!!
Have all the girls he's dated got (gotten?) these calls? Is this some sort of "What does it all mean?" thing? (
Ever notice how, sometimes, Mr SensitivePonytailMan-ness and plain good sense are at opposite ends of the room? Or, as the case may be, the phone?
A Coincidence?
So today, while I was making a big gluey mess (my favorite kind) and getting all giddy about March 9, I decided to read Pitchfork. Because "paying more attention to music" is my New Year's resolution. (Shut up, you: it's the non-secret one.)
There's a review of the new Strokes album.
--Of course, if you're anything like me, your reaction to this was, "The Strokes have a new album? Why?"--
Now, I just think the timing of this is funny, if it is in fact a coincidence, because, while Andy and I rarely fought, argued, or debated (there are several reasons for this, some less functional than others), we used to bicker about The Strokes all the damn time.
Boring, overrated, and way too clean, I'd say.
Not so! Seen them live, he'd counter.
Am I allowed to read his calling me as the ultimate acknowledgement that, deep down, he's always known how right I was about Casablancas & Co.?
2 comments:
CFEx and I used to debate the merits of Al Jourgensen as he was a really big Ministry fan and while I loooovvvveee the old synth-pop faux-British-accent Ministry of the With Sympathy era, it was my firm conviction that Al's influence runied the Skinny Puppy album Rabies whereas it was CFEx's favorite SP album.
Though we had big scary screaming fights about The Relationship too. It wasn't all industrial band geneaology debate.
Ummm...but yeah. Take that resolution to be that you were right not just about The Strokes but also about EVERYTHING ELSE. Because you were, The Strokes is just the most pressing error.
radio in boston has been playing the single off that album for months, and it's so amazingly bad! it sounds like late 90s stone temple pilots for half the song, every other "angular" band for the other half...so bad
Post a Comment