Tuesday, January 03, 2006

and I left a bunch of fencing stuff on the subway.

It's only January 3 and I already kinda hate 2006. Although I suspect at least some of that might be girl-parts-related.

First of all: boyness. There's a hell of a lot I could say, but won't because, deep down, I know how ridiculous it all is. Suffice to say, everytime I have a crush, I start assuming it's going to go this way: thinking things are fine, nothing more-than-friends happening, falling off the face of the earth. Running into him several weeks later with an ugly coat and/or a normal girl. Or rumors that he's gay. Or both.
Why do I think this? How many past examples are you looking for?
And then there's the other one. Who randomly showed up at my house last Thursday after no contact for about a month and a half. Who called last night while I was on the phone with my mom and didn't leave a message.
Leading to this sentence, "Well, that's really all I wanted from him, too, back when there was less random contact. I was just trying to put it more delicately."
Why I had chosen that moment to be delicate (not one of my strong points) to my mom (normally not necessary), I'm not exactly sure.
There's more I could say about that mess, too, but I'm feeling less mean right now, so I'll avoid the overtly bitchy for once.

Bitch the Second: I fucking hate the work-side catalog here. Search results are displayed IN THE ORDER WE BOUGHT THE ITEM. Not alphabetically; not in the order they were published; not in the order we originally got the item in cases of replacement copies. So a series, in our catalog, could potentially show up like this:
6, 5, 1, 2, 3, 1pbk, 26, 6replacement, 25, 24...
This is also assuming that all of the items in a series are in fact linked under that series title.
I also hate copy cataloging, or at least a ridiculous amount of reliance on it. Half of our Spiderwick Chronicles are shelved under Black. The rest are under DiTerlizzi.
We also still have an Alternative section of cds. Some REM is there and some is in Rock. Rock is the only large section of cds without any kind of alphabetizing, even the most basic.
And don't even get me started on 741.5, which is, as we all know, the devil.
--aw, reader's advisory always makes me feel better. And over IM, so all cutting edge and shit, too.--

Bitch the third: I fucking hate the Olympics. I hate the winter Olympics more than the summer Olympics, and this is one of those years. I'm sure I will bitch in a more timely manner about this when they actually start.

Look, even the internet thinks I need to shut the fuck up:
You woke up this morning with the Monday morning blues -- and it's not even Monday. Doesn't matter, either; it definitely won't last. In fact, if you can get yourself up and around, you'll be surprised to find that you'll actually enjoy your day -- a whole lot. Remember, you're in charge of your day -- and, more importantly your evening. And don't you have some plans to look forward to? Now pick up your bottom lip before you trip over it.

2 comments:

Norma said...

And to top it all off, you have a case of potty mouth! Sorry the year is off to a bad start. ;-)

cara said...

I can't believe you got another call without a message.

Don't say it is all ridiculous. I need to think it isn't in order to justify my time-consuming obsessing.

At least one can obsess and knit at the same time, though - so it is like being productive!