- I’m really hungry. After getting a message referencing Los Bravos, you kind of don’t want your lame granola bar anymore.
- Some rapper—ah, DMX—is on the cover with his dog. How is rappers with pitbulls any different from rich girls with purse dogs?
- I accidentally typed “god” there. Heh.
- Apparently, according to Billboard, it’s the “Year of the Dog” whatever that means.
- ”…RAMMSTEIN, Germany’s current most successful live music export.”
- That was all for you, Cara.
- So, this JT Leroy guy is a phony?
- All I know about him is that he edited this year’s DeCapo best music writing.
- Which was a disappointment. Except Greil Marcus’ Buddy Holly piece.
- And I was left wondering, Have I lost my taste for pretentious rock crit?
- But I guess I can just blame it on this Leroy mook, right?
- I mean, one of the things he chose was that piece Eggers had in Spin about Big Country.
- Which I liked, at least more than I usually like Dave Eggers (which basically means I didn’t want to punch him in the face halfway through reading it), but it was still a bit too precious and precocious for me.
- Like, “look! Even before I was supersmart verbose writer guy, my musical taste was SO innovative, SO amazing, that I loved this band no one else knew much of anything about! And I grasped what they were doing musically, when I was 13, and I’m going to make all these grandiose, rewriting-history type claims about both the band and myself.”
- But, you know, I wasn’t this irritated after reading it in the magazine originally, so I can blame all this ire on that Leroy mook, right?
- DMX’s real name is Earl.
- Stuart Copeland’s about to release a documentary that’s mostly old super8 Police footage. I’m not the world’s biggest Police fan, but I am ALL about super8.
Friday, January 20, 2006
in your dad’s suits you hide
Billboard January 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So, there's a story around my area about a librarian who refused to hand a computer over to the police, who suspected that a terrorist threat had been sent using it, because they didn't come in with a warrant or whatever they needed to take it. The news commentator that I was listening to said, "A single librarian can bring down the Federal Bureau of Investigation." Thought you might enjoy that quote!
Post a Comment