The Mountain Goats are playing at the Warhol this Friday, and I'm just so mad I'm missing this.
Here's a quick list of other bands I've missed, that I really really really want to see someday:
- The Shins: Driving to this show was when Buddy's thermostat-thing futzed out in Shelbyville. Nate had a great slightly fictionalized account of this on his website, but preliminary Google-ness isn't bringing anything up.
- Morrissey: Do we need to mention the Ill-Fated Morrissy show? Do we?
- Belle & Sebastian were playing Columbus one night, and I could have driven to see them, but I had a paper or exam or something the next day and decided to be a responsible little librarian-in-training instead. Stupid me.
Billboard Oct 22
- Billboard is now doing the same thing Publishers Weekly, where it has 2 covers and the first one is an ad masquerading as a magazine cover.
- Personally, I think it's sad that Thalia couldn't get on the cover, so she went the ad route instead.
- She'll show that Eric Clapton!
- OK, I'm pretty much over They Might Be Giants, but: knitted! KNITTED!
- So cute.
- They remind me of that video with the muppet-type puppets. Tiff knows what I'm talking about.
- And that reminds me of the State sketch where they eat Muppet.
- "I need someone to teach me about near and far!"
- They're making jukeboxes now with slots to scan a credit card.
- I guess now I have no choice but to save all my quarters for laundry.
- Even though, since I did 3 huge loads last night, I'll be able to hold out until Thanksgiving, and then 'til Christmas and can do it at home.
- Such a chicken or the egg:
- Do I hate doing laundry b/c I've got so many clothes and always wait til the last possible minute to schlep to the laundromat,
- or do I have so many clothes so I only have to worry about laundry once a month or so?
- MTV goes Canadian, again.
- Hot damn on a biscuit, Greg Dulli is a sexy bitch.
- Oh, and he's got a new album out or something, should be good.
- Rod Stewart irritates me.
- Here's a quick list of things about Rod Stewart that don't annoy me:
- jokes involving "If you think I'm sexy"
- "Maggie May" and covers of Maggie May
- a few assorted other Faces gems
- But this standards shit has got to go.
- And I'm not just saying that b/c the horrible "station" we played at Kinko's had them in serious rotation.
- I swear, that thing had like 50 songs that they'd just play over and over again.
- Sometimes, I'm in Denny's or something, and I'll recognize a song, then I'll recognize the next, and realize that they've got the same stupid station playing.
- I hate that.
- In Mexico, there are Dulce de Leche Kisses.
- and Mango and Tamarind Jolly Ranchers.
- How can I get my hands on these!?
- This is the best Soulful (TM) picture I've ever seen: sepia-toned, heavy glasses, downcast eyes, cord blazer, hand over one eye, wedding band prominently displayed.
- Was this taken by his daughter in her 9th grade photography class or something? Yeesh.
- Secretly Canadian is all over this thing.
- Cat Steven makes an appearance on the new Dolly Parton album. This is quite possibly the best thing I've heard in awhile.
- ooooooooooo, review of the new Silver Jews.
- and a review of the new Jordan Knight single, too.
- HEE
- "I've always wanted to marry Elton John," says Barry Manilow.
7 comments:
oh, greg dulli...so many naughty dreams...
http://dandyboy.sureshopping.com/display.asp?sku=274&rP=searching,nextPage@Next+%3E%3E,cat@Mexican+Candy,subCat@,rqPartNO@,rqDesc@,rqOrder@,backNum@1,nextNum@3
I always wind up talking about the Ill-Fated Morrissey Concert because it leads into my "The Most Hung Over I've Ever Been In Lab" story. It involves copious vomiting and the microscope room.
When Brian and I get married, there will be lots of retelling of that night.
I just realized I mispelled Morrissey. Do I get flogged now, or something?
ah, see i just told that story to cindy's new guy, because psycho nicole gave him her number, then took it back when she saw him talking to another girl...
greg dulli's new old album? simply fabulous! i mean, who can pass up a song with the lines "there's a light that grows, like your lover's nose, 'where were you last nite?', why ask?, you already know"
ryan
Post a Comment