Wednesday, October 12, 2005

salt shaker

This window popped up while I was searching Crate and Barrel's site, so I filled in the title instead of that search window--jerks. I need a new salt shaker b/c my plastic Hello Kitty one leaped off the kitchen table the other day and broke. As my mom would say, Be careful! It's only plastic!
Also, I'd like to say that I had nothing to do with the salt shaker's untimely demise. Nothing at all, tra la la.
Billboard, October 15.

  • I like these, but they don't really work with anything else I have. They're too modern, especially if I ever get around to that orange paint job and perhaps a cabinet re-do.
  • As if Ricky Martin isn't 2000 enough on his own, he's got a faux-hawk in this picture. I'm really hoping this is an old picture, and he doesn't think this is still hip.
  • These match the other cannisters I use that aren't my cool Kromex ones, but they're boring, too.
  • This is a boring issue so far, so I think I'll just write about my search for a new salt shaker.
  • I'm on the Williams-Sonoma site right now.
  • I want!
  • Would make an awesome purse.
  • Remember those plastic McDonald's buckets? I carried one of those as a purse for a time in high school. I think it was the ghost.
  • I'm a sucker for glow-in-the-dark shit, what can I say?
  • Oh, Library of Congress American Memory Project, how do I love thee?
  • Let me count the ways...
  • Seriously, so super fun and full of random history--my favorite kind!
  • I love these guys, but there's no fuckin' way I'm spending $75 on a salt shaker.
  • That picture's from www.loc.gov, too. I did a search for ladies' hankies (or something like it), and some great shit, including this one.
  • She's actually in a database of convicted murderesses.
  • How does a 6th grader not know what an astrologer is!?
  • Sorry, random weird reference moment.
  • I wonder if Martha has a salt shaker for me...
  • I heart Martha so much!
  • Too bad her Apprentice kinda sucks.
  • Actually, it's mostly just been boring when I've watched.
  • Or maybe it's that stripey scarf going on at the same time distracting me.
  • There's a band called The Greenhornes touring with the White Stripes.
  • Who's a greenhorn?
  • What's a greenhorn?
  • The AOL top song is "My Humps".
  • I swear, that fucking song is STALKING me.
  • Stalking, I tell you.
  • I blame Stacey, myself.
  • and I didn't realize it was the Black Eyed Peas, who I always thought of as deeper than that.
  • Without, of course, actually ever listening to them.
  • Everything I know about them, incidentally, I learned through osmosis from living in Philadelphia.
  • Damn, now I've got Humps in my head.
  • Hate.
  • I like this a lot, but who are we kidding?
  • We all know I'm so much more the paper-towel-as-napkin sort.
  • This is the most amazing band PR sentence I've heard in a while: "The three Hume brothers who form Evermore grew up in a New Zealand farmhouse so isolated that their only musical esxposure was their parents' '60s record collection."
  • And they're cute, too!
  • Now to find out what records their parents actually owned, before I try to, you know, actually listen to them.
  • Let's see what my best friend Target has for me by way of a salt shaker...
  • Wolfmother is not the name of an Australian band. It is the name of a Japanese band.
  • And then, on the next page? 1/2 ad for Jet.
  • I hate Jet.
  • They're not even remotely attractive, either, so I really don't understand their popularity.
  • Target is boring so far, but I still have hope.
  • Ugly is the new AMAZING.
  • Seriously, I want that.
  • How kickass would that be in a 70s orange kitchen!?
  • Can I say it?
  • kitsch-en!
  • hee
  • What's that other place, that isn't Crate and Barrel or William-Sonoma?
  • Oh, Pottery Barn!
  • I wonder what they have...
  • Still on Target's site, though.
  • This Danger Doom Cartoon Network album sounds promising.
  • Oh, like I'm not going to be all over a song called "Space Ho's", where, according to Billboard, "MF Doom challenges Space Ghost for his talk-show throne."
  • These are adorable, but how do they stand up?
  • And they're web only, so I can't go in and look at them, either.
  • Grrr
  • Well, this magazine thinks Liz Phair's new album is "more repectable than" the last one, which is a good thing, right?
  • Also says it's kinda boring.
  • I just wanna hear the new version of "Can't Get Out of What I'm Into", which was one of my faves from the Girlysounds Tapes.
  • Not that I can listen to them anymore or anything.
  • I really need to find someone with them on cd.
  • Anybody?
  • Bueller?
  • Pixies DVD: "Offstage footage is scarce, but includes amusing clips of the band touring Disneyland and eating Thanksgiving dinner together."
  • I'd like to see that.
  • Probably wouldn't top my soul mate and the rest of Belle & Sebastian covering "The Kids Are Alright", though.
  • It is, after all, my very favorite Who song.
  • And what will play at the party if I ever get married.
  • Individual pumpkin soup tureens! I need!
  • AW.
  • Will Fred Flare solve my problem, or just make me want more random useless crap than I already do?
  • PLUSH MILK!!!!!
  • Or perhaps both.
  • These are so pretty. I look at them all the time, but if there's one thing I really don't need, it's more plates.
  • Maybe they'll be another cute shaker at www.sanrio.com?
  • eeeeeeeeeeee!
  • But, regrettably, not what I'm looking for.
  • Even if I am always looking for cute potmitts.
  • I know, I know: I'm weird.
  • Shut up, okay?
  • Let's try Kawaii's site, kay?
  • This is probably my favorite store, ever.
  • Everytime I go home, Lara and I go here and spend, like, hours, calling across the store to each other and giggling. It's the perfect place for that.
  • Mom also buys me lots of presents from here, because she knows I'm insane.
  • And, as a special bonus, there's a picture of the owner with Michael Stipe on their home page--YAY!
  • I just had to share that. So cute!
  • This is really cute, too.
  • Caaaaaaaaaaaara, what's the brand of that weird toothpick man you bought me? I bet he's got a fun saltshakery friend.
  • Paul Frank for Andy Warhol!?
  • No one ever tells me anything.
  • OK, a google of "orange toothpick man" is getting me shit.
  • Time for home!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i concur! but dammit, you got me excited with the mention of the girly-sound demos, somehow never got ahold of them, and then you say you dont have them no more, dammit! please do let me know if you come across them. i got her new album but still haven't gotten to it (blame those jacksonville city nights and suspicious minds, in love with that song!)

ryan

Anonymous said...

it will be very hard to find them on cd, because they were originally 4 track tapes...when i was on the support system digest, there were 4 or 5 tape rounds, but i think only 1 person had them on cd...buy a $10 walkman and some cheapo speakers...

t.

cara said...

For years and years, I always thought Ian Astbury was singing "you little salt shaker" in Love Removal Machine. Apparently, it is "you little soul shaker" but I like my version better.

Anyway, now I have the Cult stuck in my head and will officially hate you until it is gone.

What you need are Ian Astbury salt shakers. That way, you will have the Cult stuck in your head all the damn time.