- I'm really not caring about this issue, which will either make this very blah or very bitchy.
- I already spent most of today with the new issue of VOYA, and the latest Booklist--with the cover art for Julie Anne Peters' Far From Xanadu as a cover!--is staring at me.
- Far From Xanadu = a really good book, by the way.
- Depeche Mode is using iTunes to sell tickets for their tour.
- Also, Marissa tells me the new DM song does, in fact, kick ass.
- Um, I know I'm a librarian and supposed to know all kinds of shit, but what's Jack FM? This article is acting like I'm a big stupid head for not knowing.
- Aw, Jools Holland.
- Can anyone think of a good song with the word "bird" in the title? All I'm coming up with right now is "I'm Like a Bird" and, well, ew.
- While it makes me angry when Gwen Stefani shows up in her crazy "style icon!" outfits, it makes me even angrier when she looks cute.
- Reminds me of what could be, perhaps?
- She's looking adorable and pin-up girly in a leopard with white trim halter dress, black heels, and her hair all slicked back, probably chignoned, very Dior New Look makeup.
- boring issue
- Plus, I'm talking about boys and moms with Melissa and girls and Earth Wind and Fire-playing marching bands with Brian, and it's hard to compete with all that, yes?
- Oh, Tom Petty's looking BEAT.
- Ah, there's Gwen in an ill-thought-through ensemble again. That's my girl.
- OK, I get the layout trick of having people pictures look like backstage passes, but I'm wondering at the attention paid to the placement. Too many rockstars and big time music execs with holes in their forheads, magazine.
- Hey, Earth Wind and Fire! Weird.
- Looking even assier than Petty, I might add.
- Almost as assy as Assy the Ass Dog, in fact.
- Assy the Ass Dog was a little toy dog Greg, Jim, Alison, and I found outside Jason Kirker's house on the SouthSide one day. Its ass is in the air, and its head is turned in the scariest little plastic come-hither look since Barbie started opening her eyes all the damn way.
- Gretchen Wilson, your shirt is way too small. And as someone who frequently wears children's clothing, I should know.
- Look, Bon Jovi: just stop. Stop. Please. For me?
- I'll be your best friend?
- Well, that's not true.
- How 'bout this, Jon?
- I'll Twister ya for your career.
- If you win, you can do whatever the fuck you want, make battery commercials, whatever. I'll make a serious attempt not to mock, even.
- If I win, you go back to Jersey and shut your pie hole.
- Agreed?
- Have your people call my people...uh, cats, and we'll set up a meeting.
- You have to bring the Twister board, though.
- And the snacks.
- Do they make truck falafel where you are? Bring that. And some Jones Vanilla Cola.
- Or you could stop in Pittsburgh, and bring me some Hong Kong rice bowl from Lulu's.
- With pork.
- Destiny's Child members are finally letting themselves be referred to as "former Destiny's Child members"--it's about time.
- Um, Tyra, what does "embrace the mystery" mean?
- Does it involve your giant-ass forehead in some way?
- And yes, I can mock the text of a shirt whose proceeds went to Katrina victims. I'm mocking the phrase, not the profits.
- Aw, Queen Latifah. She's so pretty. And she always looks glowy, you know?
Thursday, September 22, 2005
took him to my party as the games were starting
I've had that song stuck in my head all week. Billboard, Sept 24.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
freebird, birdland (that's that patti smith song, right?), birdhouse in your soul (or whatever that tmbg song is), white bird of texas by liz phair, or you could just put birds in other songs...
i.e. "BIRDS! we're gonna fly forever, we're gonna keep flyin' HIGH!"
or
"who let the birds out, tweet, tweet, tweet, tweet"
you hate me, don't you
t.
norwegian wood (this bird has flown) by the beatles? never listened to it myself, just like the 'this bird has flown' part so much i remember it. give me ryan adam's 'mockingbird' any day. ok then.
ryan
While we're on Beatles turf, I'd like to put "Free as a Bird" out there. That's a song I've always felt was highly underrated.
How about Bird on a Wire?
going with the beatles theme, there is "Blackbird" or, going an entirely new direction, "Surfin' Bird"
Clearly, I stand corrected, mostly re: "Birdland" and "Bird on a Wire".
Can't say the same for all the Beatles and/or Ryan Adams, though. Sorry, guys.
I'll be Yr Bird by M. Ward.
Post a Comment