Monday, September 12, 2005

my new platonic internet crush

She writes Victorian girl's school/gothic horror novels.
A Great and Terrible Beauty has one of the hottest scenes I've read in a long time--and in a YA novel, no less. (I've also been entertaining myself by using the word "steamy" to describe it.)
And, she's got one of the funniest, silliest, best blogs I've come across in awhile.
I heart Libba Bray.
---
Also, I need a Canadian to tape Alice, I Think for me, and you should all go read Susan Juby's blog, too, because I heart her as well. Hell, I almost went out in public in the world's most defective scarf, with "ART KNITTER" appliqued on it, simply because of Alice MacLeod, Realist at Last. That's the kind of love we're talking, people.
---
Speaking of love, I'm feeling a list of literary crushes post coming on. So stay tuned for that. Or something. Because who doesn't want to read about 26yrolds who are in love with Peter Pevensie, and I apologize now to whomever I wind up seeing the movie with.
Aw, who are we kidding? Melissa, I'm sorry.

3 comments:

Melissatrons said...

no need to apologize. I can totally get on board with that particular literary crush.

Anonymous said...

when i was much much younger, i had a crush on mary anne's boyfriend and bsc associate member logan...i am a loser, and i'm in pgh, because i forgot my birth cert and couldn't go to canada
t.

PoBaL said...

Did you learn nothing from the librarian, the law student, and the painter in Windsor story?
They all live together on Avenue A!
They each see the world in their own way!