Monday, November 22, 2004

Gobble Gobble Hey.

I should probably apologize for that, right?
I'm reading Alyssa Brugman's Walking Naked and, boy howdy, is it annoying. Why am I reading an annoying book? Because I can never just put something down. I also don't walk out of movies, even if they're Moulin Rouge. It's also on the Best Books for YAs list for this year, and I try to read as many of those as possible.
This book isn't terrible, just kind of boring and irritating. And, Holy Ham-Fisted Foreshadowing! Gee, I think the persecuted, seemingly unhinged girl who the popular narrator befriends might off herself. And I wonder if Our Fair Narrator will learn a lesson from it, hmmm? I mean, why not just call the damn thing A Lesson About Bullying?
And it's not even trashy about it, so it doesn't have that fun.
There seem to be a lot of Australians on the list this year: what's up with that?

1 comment:

tinylittlelibrarian said...

I'm reading Walking Naked, too! I agree about the annoyance factor. I don't think Perdita will off herself, but I'm sure Megan will learn a lesson about being mean to those who aren't as...well, popular and snotty as herself. I also see Megan getting ousted from her precious group.

Not sure why there are so many Australians on the list this year. I usually enjoy their work, though.