Wednesday, July 12, 2006

So, I found my other 10 1/2 needle, but I lost the first one.

Ah, knitting humor. Billboard July 15
  • Jesus, these people think I'm a factory.
  • THis is the second Billboard I've done today, and I still have to finish the neverending ALA blogging, so I can write the professional version.
  • The professional version, which drops the F-bomb a lot less.
  • I'm lobbying for "F-Bomb" to become the official YALSA euphemism for fuck, by the way.
  • A committee will be formed; I need a bunch of signatures on a petition.
  • It'll be great.
  • Anyway, I wasn't going to blog this issue, because there's other things I could be doing, but then I look at the cover and it says:
  • "Mariah Goes Crazy (For Branding)"
  • How tasteless is that!?
  • Bravo, BillboardM. Bravo.
  • It's not every magazine that would refer to a celebrity's Pepsi deal my mocking her battles with craziness.
  • Pete Yorn's doing a tour diary.
  • The US Air Guitar competition is apparently big bucks.
  • The world championships of air guitar are held in Finland, surprising no one.
  • Aw, Danger Mouse is so cute.
  • The listening party for St. Elsewhere was held in a Johnny Rockets.
  • "...I truly believe that no matter how the evolution of digital distribution affects the brick-and-mortar store, indie merchants will be the last man standing, if it ever comes to that."
  • That's Ed Christman, who write the "Retail Track" column.
  • I'm glad to see someone finally saying that in this magazine.
  • Let's be realistic. What has more of a chance of succeeding:
  • the chains that only carry the newest cds and are expensive
  • or the hole-in-the-wall indies that are frequented by the people who are still interested in the materiality of records and cds.
  • Yes, I said "materiality".
  • Don't you love when my pretentiousness is showing?
  • Mariah Carey never had to worry about branding before because she was either married to a very very rich man or her singles were everywhere.
  • Now that she's more of a joke than a hit-maker, she needs ads.
  • Plus, Glitter.
  • Which even me 'n' Tiff couldn't get through, and that's saying something.
  • Her next movie is from the same guy that produced Monster's Ball.
  • So, you know, she'll show us her (fake) tits and magically become integrious.
  • Yay, Halle Berry.
  • X3 had the world's worst wig.
  • Urgh, Thom Yorke's solo album.
  • I'm falling asleep just looking at the cover art.
  • Soul Asylum have a new album, too.
  • Remember that video where Claire Danes was an angel?
  • "I was like, don't waste the match."
  • You should totally go watch the Christmas "My So-Called Life" if you don't know what I'm talking about.
  • "It was one of those fights, where it feels like the fight is having you."

1 comment:

cara said...

Here I was hoping Mariah was getting branded like cattle. You know, because tattoos are done.