Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I'm racing emo boys and wearing rulers.

Billboard July 8
  • Tim, Faith & Busta on the cover.
  • "Can Busta Rhymes save hip-hop?"
  • This week's featured artist for watching videos is Morrissey.
  • Gimme a minute; I'll find the link.
  • While MySpace takes forever to do library-related stuff.
  • Except now it's Placebo.
  • Liars.
  • I think there's a Built To Spill video featured on MySpace today?
  • "Music videos--the next QVC?"
  • But people have always gotten fashion tips from videos, and before that, album covers.
  • It's just that now everyone in the clothing business acknowledges it.
  • Sleater Kinney on hiatus is sad, but maybe they'll be kickass side projects, right?
  • And they're saying "hiatus" instead of breaking up, so that's a good thing, right?
  • Right?
  • Li'l Steven's all about the Go-Gos this week, a move I can totally get behind.
  • Ever notice how no one ever gives the Go-Gos their punk rock due?
  • I can't help but think it's at least partially because Belinda's got such a cutesy, round babyface.
  • From one babyface to another: I know how it goes.
  • You never get to really come across as badass when you look like Belinda, and it's totally not her fault.
  • Plus, not being junkieskinny in the LA punk scene had to have sucked.
  • And there's a Ramones musical.
  • There's news here, because the official site pretty much is useless.
  • Sprite's got some new teen video diary thing on their new website.
  • I suppose I've got a professional reason to check that out, but Sprite's ad desperation has always annoyed me.
  • Weren't they the "Obey Your Thirst" people?
  • I remember them doing a lot of that "Don't drink pop because famous people tell you to" BS, meanwhile famous people are in their damn commercials.
  • Eh, I'm sure YPulse will cover it.
  • The guy who writes the "Making the Band" column looks like the food and wine Queer Eye guy.
  • Who's my favorite Queer Eye guy, by the way.
  • Aah, Busta isn't going to save ALL hip-hop, just bring back New York City.
  • I guess that's a bit more realistic a goal.
  • I suppose we have to buy the new Nelly Furtado album.
  • grumble

No comments: