Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Daphne was not so chaste as she was changing.*

Billboard July 22
  • So, um, reviews of the new Outkast? Not that great.
  • Which makes me sad.
  • Although I cheer back up again when I think about how Stacey and I both have certain The Love Below spoken interludes memorized.
  • I just want to lay in her hair.
  • So, I got stood up Sunday night.
  • I predicted it, but still--I'm kinda pissed.
  • Jessica Simpson is looking Anna Nicole-esque in this Yahoo Music ad.
  • It's not pretty.
  • Hey, remember those tapes your mom could buy for you that were personalized with birthday songs with your name in them?
  • Jessica Simpson's doing that with her new single.
  • She'll call out the buyer's name in the lyrics.
  • Lara's birthday is coming up...
  • Idlewild looks cool, though.
  • 6 questions with David Johansen.
  • Looking quite rough and wearing what appear to be women's flared jeans, I might add.
  • My local 80s night has been playing "Putting on the Ritz" for the last couple weeks, and that is very fun.
  • At least for me.
  • And Melissa.
  • I'm sure no one else cares, as long as they've got someone to grope.
  • "a lot of songs about stabbing your friend in the eye with a ballpoint pen"
  • hunh?
  • Is this an actual song that I don't know about?
  • You know, I'd like "Promiscuous Girl" a lot better if it was all chorus.
  • ahh, crap
  • Now I've got "Dirty Little Secret" stuck in my head.
  • My nerdy shame: I've watched that video, on mute, because the song is irritating but I wanted to see all the Post Secret cards.
  • Aw, and look at that--Post Secret is blocked by our filter.
  • New adorable green 1920s little house!
  • Possibly even cuter than the last one!



*Thanks to Tiff for the title. It's the title of an Elizabethan song that I'm going to assume she was cataloging.
Funny Tiff aside: So last night, post pizza'n'beer noshing, I'm watching History Detectives. I love that show; they just drive around and do research and it's so damn cool.
Anyway, this guy had a snippet of a silent Western, mislabeled, no credits, and the Detective took it to a film archive in Dayton! Where Tiff lives! And I called her, ready to blurt out, "How come you never told me there was a film archive in Dayton? Did you know about this!? We should plan a field trip!"
The first thing she said when she picked up the phone was, "You're watching History Detectives; did you know there was a film archive in Dayton!?"
mmmm, nitrate.

1 comment: