Today's Bite-My-Tongue moment:
The woman at the computer because she just wants to check and see "how the inauguration is going" needs help moving a window around and the video clip she wants to watch isn't coming up. I suggest that she check another news site, since it's a plugin issue, like cnn or New York Times. She says, "I guess I'll check cnn.com, but I hate to because they're so biased," as she leaves foxnews.com.
At this point I walk up to the other desk and have a delightful conversation with a coworker about Ned Vizzini.
I got my extremely passive-aggressive revenge, though, when I interrupted her cellphone conversation to tell her we were a cellphone-free space. Hee: it's so fun being a petty little bitch.
In general, I'm having a pretty good day. I got to spend the first 2 hours of "work" wandering around town, running errands for my anime program this Saturday. That over 10 people have signed up for! Who I'll be calling with a reminder tomorrow! I got dvds, discovered how much I love the Oriental grocery (and how much the Oriental grocery lady loves Tiff's scarf), and even got some successful stalking in, all before noon. Once I came in, I was greeted by some lovely carpet-installing fumes and tantalizing piles of Baker&Taylor boxes. Hurrah! New year's money! This is good, too, because the YA new area was getting sparse. Also, it'll be nice to have non-BBYA nominees to push, since that program is winding down. Now, I'm not sure that anyone will actually turn in their form and come to a pizza party, but I'm damn certain that there are books that would not have been looked at, let along circed, had I not done this thing.
Thursday, January 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment