Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Gets me to the church on time.

I stole this from Melissa 'n' Stacey.

Ten modern conveniences I take for granted but can't live without:

Now, how modern are we talking here? Since the industrial revolution*? Second half of the 20th century? What?
  1. Coffee pot. Not that I don't like Turkish coffee, but it's not an everyday thing.
  2. automated library catalogs and databases. Card catalogs, while romantic, are not very practical.
  3. Aleve.
  4. Suffrage. And civil rights. And Roe v Wade.
  5. Cell phones. Especially the part about long distance being the same as local calls.
  6. alarm clock/snooze button
  7. the concept of adolescence. Kinda hard to be a teen librarian if we all still thought people really became adults at 12.
  8. car stereo. No one wants to hear me sing, or see me try to read the paper while I'm driving.
  9. plastic faux ziplock sandwich bags. I put EVERYTHING in those guys: lunch, half-knitted socks, broken necklaces I may or may not fix, the other half of that onion I used the other day to make really tasty half-assed burritos.
  10. Debit cards.

*That puppy was a dog, but industry was a revolution!

1 comment:

Tiff said...

stop looking at me, swan!