Wednesday, October 18, 2006

You wax poetic about things pathetic as long as you look so cute.

So, one of my regulars was looking for some books and the internet catalog told him they were "available in CHECKED OUT". I hate our online catalog so very much.
***
Billboard October 21
  • All kinds of country on the cover.
  • Also, this headline:
  • "Menudo's New Beginning"
  • Which is almost as terrifying as Eddie Murphy and Scary Spice together.
  • Which I didn't know about until Tiff informed me today.
  • So, uh, thanks Tiff.
  • I guess.
  • Gah! Barry Manilow in a sequined jumpsuit!
  • It's kind of weird that Tower Records are closing, but I was actually never that big a Tower fan.
  • I don't know--is there even one in Pittsburgh?
  • Was it a closed town, more or less, in the National Record Mart days?
  • Menudo are going to have a tv show.
  • Wow, Ricky Martin had some cheekbones.
  • Aw, Mountain Goats.
  • Insound didn't have a digital store 'til now?
  • I always just assumed they did.
  • I ♥ promo items: here's a condom whose wrapper says "I promote records and save lives."
  • That's pretty damn sweet.
  • Hee, Robbie Williams in a track suit.
  • Poor Robbie--he's the opener to an article entitled "Famous Everywhere Else".
  • And here's a scruffy Ricky Martin, who is being honored for his work with children.
  • You know, in case you were wondering, I am planning on actually writing real blog posts at some point in the future. I'm just in a bit of a lull right now.
  • I'm assuming everyone else knew that Johnny Marr was a Modest Mouse now.
  • Before he went Electronic?
  • And Dinosaur Jr have reunited as well.
  • I suppose I have to order Diddy's new album for the library.
  • I wonder if I can make Marissa order it?
  • And Sarah McLachlan's releasing a Christmas album.
  • Marr looks pretty adorable in this picture right here. I couldn't find the picture online, but you're welcome to look for yourself if you'd like.
  • There's no back page on this issue. Looks like someone's removed the advertisement cover.

1 comment:

Roll The Dice said...

Forget it, sister. Diddy is YOUR audience, not mine! You really think my large print readers and genealogists are waiting for the new Puffy/P.Diddy/Diddy/Sean Combs album? I think not! *grins* ;-)