Monday, October 16, 2006

They're foxy to me. Are they foxy to you?

Billboard October 14
  • mmmm, I made this tasty soup last night. I brought some for lunch today.
  • Only problem is, I got a new can opener and it really sucks, so it took a lot longer than it should have to get the chicken stock from the can to the pot.
  • So, My Chemical Romance is on the cover.
  • And, as I'm sure everyone has realized by now, there's a pretty vocal 16yrold mall goth girl inside me.
  • I'm not going to apologize for it and, more importantly, I think it really gives me an edge in the whole teen librarianing game.
  • But it also means I have a fondness for things like Emily Strange, goth loli Japanese girls, and My Chemical Romance's ridiculous new single.
  • You know, "The Black Parade"?
  • Plus, you know how I love ridiculous musical messes.
  • So I'm pretty happy they're on the cover.
  • Also, this is apparently the top 20 women in music issue.
  • woooo.
  • Oh, and because it's not a Billboard post lately without a discussion of the Killers' attractiveness or lack thereof, I have to mention that I saw them on SNL this weekend. The singer was very much reminding me of that boy I made out with that I mentioned he sometimes looks like. It was nice.
  • Plus, he was rocking the nerdy glasses/plaid button-down shirt combo I'm a sucker for during the new single.
  • Then there was a costume change that invited badness, so the less said about that the better.
  • Wait, who in Jet died?
  • The new Beck album won't be on the UK's chart listing because it "contains cover art and packaging that give it an 'unfair advantage.'" Hunh?
  • That doesn't make any damn sense.
  • Dave Navarro is wearing an ugly cowboyish hat that has a tag on the front saying, DirtBag.
  • Classy.
  • I opted to not read the My Chemical Romance article.
  • I skimmed and figured it would take all the fun out of the band.
  • Twisted Sister are the special feature in this issue.
  • This issue sure does seem to have a lot of specialness about it.
  • My favorite thing about Twisted Sister is that Behind the Music where Dee Snyder talks about how he started a band to stay off drugs.
  • He started a band pretty heavily influenced, at least image-wise, by the New York Dolls--
  • --to stay off drugs.
  • Something about that just doesn't make sense to me.
  • I wonder why?
  • ♥♥♥♥
  • (One of my patrons just showed me how to make hearts. I'me very entertained now.)
  • "Every metalhead in the world is going to want the new Christmas album as a Christmas present."
  • That seems a bit redundant, no?
  • Surely, there must have been a better way for Eddie Kramer to express himself.
  • You'll notice I'm avoiding the terrifying notion of a Twisted Sister Christmas album.
  • ...and now I can't get "We're Not Gonna Take It" out of my head.
  • Oh, no one in Jet died; it was their dad.
  • Which is sad.
  • However, I still pretty much can't stand them.
  • The End.
  • Nick Rhodes is 6 Qestions.
  • And he's talking about Second Life!!
  • Which I keep meaning to blog about, but haven't yet.
  • Apparently, Duran Duran have quite the Second Life presence.
  • Also, the magazine refers to it as a "virtual reality game", which is nice considering the way libraries and yPulse keep talking about it.
  • But that's a whole 'nother PoBaL.
  • I hate to say it, but Joan is looking very plasticy and botoxed in this picture here.
  • It's frightening.
  • Anyone ever notice how much Miss Jay looks like Nile Rodgers?
  • Oh, I'm mad at the CW for not repeating ANTM on Sunday nights around here. I work til 8 on Wednesdays!

1 comment:

Tiff said...

they reran it here at 7pm, so try to see if it's on at 6 yr time...