Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Verse and chapter sat in her inbox.

Billboard
  • Why the hell do I never have any damn pens at my desk?
  • I need a goddam Ghostwriter pen around my neck.
  • Which I never understood:
  • Like, if they're all carrying pens around their necks, why can't they also carry a mini version of the alphabet or something, just in case?
  • Or maybe I just think waaaay too much about Ghostwriter.
  • Wait--is this magazine from months ago, does The Game have a new album out, or am I horribly out of touch?
  • Also, Courtney Love's on the cover, too. And sober, apparently.
  • Oh, could someone tell me what my myspace picture is right now?
  • For some reason, our computers at work aren't 99% of myspace profile pictures.
  • Ah, our teen service tech skills are unstoppable.
  • Really, I'm just sick of telling teens that it's not us, it's the new filter, and we'll unblock Yahoo games or whatever for you.
  • Radio wants teens again.
  • "Could Video-On-Demand Be TV's Answer to the Web?"
  • Um, I think they mean like The Box.
  • Anyone else remember the Box?
  • No, of course you don't, because you guys all probably had parents who got cable in the late 80s.
  • I, on the other hand, had the extremely grainy, extremely ghetto, Box.
  • You'd call and request videos, except they didn't really have a back-up for slow times, so there was a lot of watching, like, 30 seconds of "Push It" and then a scroll of the available videos and my sister and her friends discussing which they wanted to see.
  • And a lot of Digital Underground.
  • I swear, someone was calling The Box and ordering "Humpty Dance" every hour on the hour for awhile there.
  • I once got busy in a Burger King bathroom.
  • Except I seem to remember them beeping out "busy", because I vaguely remember expending more 11yrold mental energy trying to figure out what the bleeped word was. I assumed it was something much more than just "busy".
  • I'm also pretty fondly remembering the In Living Color "Push It" parody right now.
  • Which I tried to find on youtube but couldn't.
  • Instead, here's "Mr Ugly Man", the Shaggy parody. Which I totally have running through my head right now.
  • OK, who watched "Heroes" this week and was weirded out by Mall Cop's reading his wife's mind, realizing she's had a song stuck in her head for ages, and then PLAYING THAT SONG!?
  • Mall Cop, I'm totally with you on the using your powers for sexy and/or romantical good, but if I've got a song in my head for weeks, the last thing I want is to hear it.
  • During a romantic interlude.
  • Of course, that may have more to do with the quality of song I get stuck in my head.
  • "Into Your Arms", for example.
  • ...new Weird Al...
  • Billy Joel's oldest daughter is dressed in a manner appropriate for an old-timey house of burlesque.
  • Speaking of old-timey, I'm reading And a Bottle of Rum right now, and boy-howdy! is it great.
  • Some colonial keeps describing himself as being "feloniously drunk", which I believe I'm completely stealing.
  • Why does the ALA think I want to buy my own subscription to their publications?
  • Yes, I've got a $100 and more to drop on School Library Journal for my home use.
  • She's very pretty, though.
  • Billy Joel's daughter, that is.
  • You know how Joel has those freaky, bug-out giant eyes? They work on a girl.
  • I kinda like the shoe The Game designed. It's got checks.
  • I'm trying to convince Tiff that Claudia's Room needs a Cafe Press store.
  • ...all kinds of Australian crap...
  • No surprises here: Courtney Love's working with Linda Perry.
  • Who isn't getting paid to do so.
  • hmmmm...
  • New Shins album January 23!
  • That's exciting.
  • Ack! Jars of Clay!
  • What's the name of X's country/sort-of-joke side project?
  • Wasn't it The Wreckers?
  • 'cause that's what Michelle Branch is calling herself these days, along with some other chippie.

3 comments:

Tiff said...

X side project= The Knitters (way more awesome), but the song on the X anthology is Wreckin' Ball.

Also, I had never heard of the Box before living with Cindy, who had taped it! To learn dance routines! So, yeah, another odd thing in the Dithridge place...

Anonymous said...

I remember the Box! That's where I found Bone, Thugs N Harmony!!! It's the thuggish ruggish booooonnnneeee!!! Oooooohhhhh!!!

PoBaL said...

hmmm, Maybe it's less of a ghetto thing, more of a yinzer thing.