Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I don't hate them but I know them.

Special shout-outs to Marissa who, after much hilarity and reference-desk-adjacent Stone Temple Pilots singing, burned me a copy of The Crow's soundtrack. Now we just have to buy the damn movie for the library...
Billboard October 7.
  • Ray Charles is on the ad cover; Diddy's on the real one.
  • Seems a bit backwards to me.
  • Anyone else watch "Heroes" last night?
  • I'm very quickly becoming addicted to that show.
  • Even if Jess was totally a whiny little bitch last night.
  • And trying to figure out the logistics of Ikin makes my brain hurt.
  • Because, yes, I think too much about these things.
  • You know what else I think too much about? This picture here of Justin Timberlake.
  • He seems to be hatching his face from a disco ball.
  • Add a little eyeshadow and lose that milk mustache, and he looks just a few coke binge/orgies away from throwing Toni Collette over for Ewan MacGregor.
  • I do like "Sexyback" though. It's ridiculous.
  • Apparently, rock stars are planning tv show's soundtracks now.
  • On an upcoming "Laguna Beach", Chris Carrarararaba (bad news) has chosen, among other things, "Lloyd I'm Ready to be Heartbroken" (good news).
  • We replace the flesh, which is weak, with steel, which is strong.
  • Li'l Steven's using his column to talk up Seymour Stein.
  • OK, no one is going to be at all surprised by what I'm about to say, but
  • The founder of Touch and Go Records is cute!
  • Oh, and speaking of Chicago--Raedy, if you're reading this, go read Guitar Girl by Sarra Manning. It's very cute. You'll like it; the main character sings songs about Hello Kitty, art school boys (it's British), and writing a boy's name on her stomach.
  • But, back to the cute boy, we all know I'm just a sucker for the heartbroken-seeming, music-obsessed, writerish boy with a good head of hair stereotype, don't we?
  • I just don't get many of them down this way...
  • Oh, Christ, Puffy/Diddy/I Don't Care is back.
  • I guess he couldn't find anyone else to exploit, so he had to release another one of "his own" albums.
  • Dre and Snoop are also working together again.
  • This is all because I've been listening to the Crow soundtrack right? All this mid90s shit.
  • Speaking of, I'm totally bringing 90s Trivial Pursuit this weekend. It's on!
  • New ...and You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead album includes a cover of "Gold Heart Mountaintop Queen Directory".
  • Which I now, true to form, am singing in my head.
  • I'm totally ordering the new Killers album.
  • My collection development technique is unstoppable!
  • hunh. That sounds pretty awesome. Maybe I should make a shirt.
  • Or have a new email signature or MySpace headline or something.
  • There's a new Beck, and there's some guy over by the videos who isn't answering his damn phone.
  • Emmylou Harris needs to go wigshopping. Maybe she can take Whitney and Jessica with her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

stay away from the killers...nothing more than a polished Sprinsteen tribute band...beck is the one you want, scientology or no...

PoBaL said...

Beck, Wilco, and REM are all in the same camp here at PoBaL HQ--They're allowed to grow and change musically, but I'm allowed to prefer One Foot in the Grave, Being There, and Reckoning, respectively.

Roll The Dice said...

Glad you enjoyed The Crow soundtrack. Ah, the memories...:-)