Thursday, September 28, 2006

Only compared to some.

Billboard September 23
  • The man on the advertisement cover is, I'm assuming, some very soulful, emotional singer.
  • However, this is what he looks like he is thinking:
  • "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
  • It's just not a good day without a Princess Bride reference, is it?
  • Unless, that is, you have no guacamole.
  • Which, in my world, is pretty damn tragic.
  • But then, I'm also kinda hungry right now.
  • You know what I really hate about Firefox? I can't alt-tab between tabs.
  • Or can I?
  • How do I do that?
  • The Killers are on the real cover.
  • It's very grainy and looks as though it's lost a few copier generation-image quality type things.
  • What's 'at called again?
  • One of them looks kind of like Jack Fairy.
  • Two of them are wearing vests.
  • The one that sometimes looks like a drummer I made out with once doesn't look like him.
  • None of them are attractive.
  • And, no, David, it's not just about the beards.
  • Rod Stewart's wearing a vest, too!
  • It's an infestation.
  • No...
  • wait for it...
  • It's an inVESTation!
  • Heh--I'm so witty.
  • And not really a fan of the vest, either.
  • Exceptions made for in sweater form.
  • At some point, I'm totally going to finish that sweater vest I've been working on. I swear.
  • I'm thinking, incidentally, that the current sweater (that lace-leaf one)needs a name matching the cats' names.
  • It's certainly shedding like one of the jerks, except green.
  • It's also coming along quite well.
  • aaaah, Anton Corbijn took the cover picture.
  • That explains the graininess.
  • I didn't even recognize Axl Rose in this picture.
  • I did, however, hear "Knocking on Heaven's Door" this morning.
  • And "Hey Jealousy", but that's a whole 'nother thing.
  • Beyonce's licensing herself to a phone game.
  • I hope it's like that old Barbie video game where you help her get dressed.
  • I told some high school kid about The U.S. vs. John Lennon the other day at the school, so I feel like I've done my Beatles duty for the month.
  • You know, the Killers are definitely less skinny than they used to be, but they don't look puffy at all.
  • I approve of that.
  • You listening, DiCaprio?
  • I wonder what the Killers are like live; if they're a good time or just their albums, redux.
  • Goddam, I hate you, Coldplay.
  • Bob Seger's back.
  • Berry went into the studio with the rest of R.E.M.
  • I don't know how I feel about this.
  • I mean, I had kind of washed my hands of R.E.M.
  • Like Wilco, they're allowed to grow and change musically, but I'm allowed to prefer their older stuff.
  • I just ordered some patrons to go get me some Dairy Queen.
  • No dice.
  • Ingrates.
  • Beyonce looks like she was part of last night's America's Next Top Model challenge on the cover of her album.
  • With the crazy wigs?
  • This new ad has showed up in the Billboard classifieds under legal services.
  • "FATHER'S RIGHTS!!" Phone number: 312-356-DADS.
  • yup.
  • Someone please buy Whitney Houston a new wig.

No comments: