Thursday, September 07, 2006

It's not the way they put folks on the moon.

(Man, when my blogging block goes away, it really goes away.)

Um, this is one of those posts about knitting. Just a warning.

After I got all this awesome stuff from my partner in the Friends of Craftster 3 Swap (see fig. A-E), it was time to make her a thank-you. She had wisted the Knitty Nagano sakura scarf.

(I'm the stoic "model" in that picture, in case you were wondering.)

This was a pretty quick and very fun pattern. I used Pattons wool, double stranded, in Taupe, since none of my local yarn stores seem to carry much Lamb's Pride, bulky or otherwise. For the flowers, I used a double-strand of a bunch of embroidery floss I had around on #3 needles.
(Side note: I heart my 3s. They're bamboo. Unfortunately, my cats heart them as well. If I'm stupid and don't lock them [the needles, not the cats] away, there's a good chance I'll come home to find a needle in the kitchen and another in the hallway. They seem to like chewing on the non-pointy ends.)
Things I learned while making these: i-cord (on a circular), picot cast-on. I didn't felt it because: I've never felted before and didn't want anything bad to happen; my apartment doesn't have a washer; and I liked the way it looked, non-felted. So there!



Fig. A: package 1


Fig. B: Package 2


Fig. C: package 3/birthday package


Fig. D: package 3.5


Fig. E: package 4 (+ a prom glass, a Keith Haring postcard {there was an exhibit b/c he's from Reading, did you know that?}, a pretty owl notecard, and some dinosaur and sea creature sponge capsules)

No comments: