Friday, August 11, 2006

I thought she said she was in Sweden.

(Not a reference to anything. I just typed it, and thought it was a cool sentence. You know how the randomness goes.)
I'm planning a real post soon, I swear.
Billboard August 5.
  • Soundtrack for this post is the old All Songs Considered podcast djed by Tilly and the Wall.
  • I can't be bothered to find something else.
  • So, I still haven't bought the new Walkmen, or their 2nd album.
  • I don't really want the first, based on what I heard of it.
  • I suppose I should just order them online.
  • I know I ordered #2 from my "local" "record" store, but then they pissed me off.
  • Someone with no sense of humor is dissing US Air Guitar in the letters section, saying it's what's wrong with the music industry.
  • That they're rewarding faking it and all that.
  • Clearly, this guy was never a rock-obsessed teenaged boy.
  • Which reminds me of a "discussion" (not an argument!) over on YALSA-BK as of late...
  • It pisses me off that the Who still tours as the Who.
  • Half the band's gone, assholes.
  • It's just sad.
  • Much like how R.E.M. should've changed their name if one of 'em was leaving and they were changing direction anyway.
  • I'm really hoping I get to move to a place with a real record store before they all die, as this magazine constantly predicts.
  • There's an 80s Trivial Pursuit coming out.
  • Just in time for Christmas, I bet.
  • Which means I'll go to Target in January with my two-holidays-worth of Target cards from multiple relatives and consider buying a new edition of a $30 board game when I already own another one I never play because I don't live in a place that's really populated by people interested in playing board games with anyone other than their significant other.
  • Jeez, I'm cranky today.
  • Sorry.
  • No movie choices on a weekend I want to see a movie tends to do this to me.
  • Anyway, it irritates me that Trivial Pursuit is so damned expensive, and that they don't just sell the cards anymore, like they used to.
  • Remember?
  • You used to be able to just get themed card packs, to use with the board you already bought.
  • Really, I should just be glad it's no longer the game you just have to be a boomer to win at.
  • Yo La Tengo has a new album out this fall.
  • So wait--Panic! At the Disco are on the Snakes on a Plane soundtrack?
  • WOuldn't it be awesome if they were in the movie?
  • One the plane?
  • Rockin' out (or whatever it is they do) with snakes and Sam Jackson all around them?
  • I've totally started the countdown for when this movie comes out.
  • I saw the trailer last night on tv and it made me very happy.
  • Then America's Got Talent came on, so I turned the tv off and read some more Gormenghast.
  • Which is awesome, by the way.
  • Although I'm absolutely picturing the BBC miniseries characters, settings, etc in my head.
  • Of course, that's not really a problem when it comes to Steerpike.
  • Newbury Comics is hiring a buyer.
  • So, there's a 30 Seconds To Mars picture here.
  • You know that's Jared Leto's band, right?
  • And he's got eyeliner on.
  • And I have to tell you, I just looked through like 15 pages of Jordan Catalano pictures.
  • hee
  • Kerenq saw him in real life, at Lollapalooza.
  • I got very excited when she told me this story.
  • OK, so here's a great story:
  • Martina McBride's in the middle of her set at the largest outdoor rodeo in the US. From the stage, she asks if her tour manager could hear her. Then she says,
  • "I'm pretty sure I left on my curling iron. Can you go onto the bus and turn it off?"

3 comments:

cara said...

Trivial Pursuit actually sold a specific Boomer edition of the cards...because the regular version wasn't biased enough.

PoBaL said...

What, was it just the same damn set of cards repackaged to get more money?
(That being said, I do have to admit that I kick a lot of ass at regular, old school Trivial Pursuit, b/c I've pretty much been playing it since I was a very tiny Jessy.)

Red said...

Jordan Catalano's gonna be there, and Tino can TOTALLY get us in! Ahh, memories...