Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Wind down your window; I think I'm going to kiss you.

Billboard August 12.

  • Tony Bennett's turning 80.
  • Hey, remember that brief period in the mid90s when he was cool?
  • It was weird.
  • Apparently, the Copyright Act can now help artists.
  • Madonna's get-up in this tour picture reminds me of the mother/not-a-bordello owner in East of Eden.
  • When she's wearing the gloves and lace because she can't bear to look at her old-looking hands?
  • That, completely.
  • Meat Loaf and Jim Steinman have resolved their legal issues amicably.
  • phew.
  • I was worried, there.
  • I mean, who do you root for?
  • No, I won't do that.
  • yay
  • Joan Jett picture and Yo La Tengo picture on the same page!
  • Although it does kind of feel like they're now ghetto-izing Li'l Steven and my beloved indie column guy.
  • So, I heard some Pipettes, and I have to say:
  • They just might be the greatest thing I've heard in a long while.
  • Oh, and I bought the new Walkmen album (and an ironing board for making pleated skirts!) at Target, and it is awesome.
  • (as are pleated skirts)
  • (but more on my fall fashion choices in another post)
  • Li'l Steven's complaining about radio.
  • Li'l Steven, you know as well as I do that radio doesn't play Joan Jett's new stuff because she's not the radio-approved badass chick.
  • Georgia's so adorable.
  • blah blah Tony Bennett blah
  • Jesus, this Tony Bennett section is HUGE.
  • Camera Obscura's mentioned.
  • Tiff burned their new album for me.
  • I like it.
  • I'm waiting for the fall to get a bit more blurrish before I really rock it a lot.
  • Newbury Comics is still looking for a buyer, guys.
  • So, Pink might be covering a Britney Spears song.
  • $10 says it's "Toxic".
  • Not that I'm complaining.
  • But I'd rather see Eddie Izzard cover that song.
  • (See, because I maintain that Eddie all transvestited-up bears a striking resemblance to Pink.)
Billboard August 19
  • Hey, Karen O in the ToC.
  • Secretly, I totally want to be Christian Joy and have a crazy rockstargirl to outfit in crazy rockstargirl ways.
  • I'd be, like, Librarian By Day, Crazy RocStylist by Night.
  • or something
  • Like most of my plans (even the realistic ones), this involves moving somewhere else.
  • "Depeche Mode Always in Fashion"
  • Now, I don't want to start any blasphemous rumours...
  • Or we could play Master & Servant.
  • Iggy Pop is taking Mr Soundgarden's place as Mr Varvatos.
  • Screw you, Audioslave. You'll always be Soundgarden and Rage Against the Machine to Me.
  • OMG, Karen O's got on this like space robot outfit.
  • It's silver and purple and she's got these vertical rainbow-y tights on.
  • Actually, it kind of looks like a successful version of what got Bradley aufed last week.
  • Man, that's so awesome.
  • You know, eye makeup should make a band prettier, not call their prettiness into question and the questioner into confusion.
  • Evanescence is back.
  • So is Nina Gordon.
  • Which is ridiculous.
  • So, you know what the best part of the Strangers With Candy movie was?
  • Aside, of course, from, "I'm thinking about pussy; the science fair's for queers," which I kind of want to make my myspace headline, but I already get enough skeezes.
  • David Rakoff as Matthew Broderick's silent biographer.
  • It was genius, and I so love that man.

No comments: