Saturday, June 17, 2006

Crap-ticulous!

Like my new word?

Billboard June 10
  • Starbucks puts too much cream in their drive-thru iced coffee.
  • And the xtra caffiene hasn't kicked in yet.
  • Don't worry, I won't begin accusing innocent drive-thru employees again just yet.
  • I bought 2 necklaces and a locket yesterday, so I think the necklace thing now officially counts as my new obsession.
  • You know, that and vampirates.
  • Or, more accurately, vampirates and uni-pirates/pi-corns.
  • Those names are (TM) Becca/Tiff.
  • Oh, and I added a couple new things to my Etsy store.
  • And will be adding more at some point.
  • OK, so the cover story this time is about music and World Cup.
  • I'm betting they just used the copy from the Olympics and replaced "Lou Reed" with "Shakira".
  • (who my sister thinks should be dating Nick Lachey, incidentally)
  • But the cover image is this somewhat terrifying pictrue of a soccer team (red and white uniforms--li'l help on id'ing?) but they've replaced their heads--
  • ineptly, I might add
  • --with musicians: Elvis, Wyclef, Elton John, the aforementioned Shakira, and...um, is that Toni Braxton?
  • I don't know.
  • I can't believe Nelly Furtado is back.
  • Didn't she annoy me enough the first time around?
  • I hate that fake deep girl singer crap.
  • Hey, WalMart may lift the ban on parental advisory stuff.
  • HA
  • HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
  • (I'm amusing myself by replacing "pirates" in all the online/music/whathaveyou piracy newsbits and articles with "vampirates".)
  • So, Sweden is now shutting down vampirates.
  • I hope they brought garlic Starburst.
  • And mirrored ham.
  • OK, my too much caffiene has officially kicked in.
  • ahh, nonsensical Jessy
  • Now with even more nonsense!
  • Yes, that was Toni Braxton in the scary cover picture.
  • I know it's very easy and tired to remark on the disturbing nature of children's programming, but take a look at this picture:

  • There's a slightly less freakish one in the magazine.
  • Nelly Furtado, honey, you are not Shakira.
  • Just stop.
  • Remember when Jewel tried to be all urban "sexy" and dancey?
  • Yeah, Furtado's trying the same thing.
  • See, this is why I hate fakedeep girlsingers.
  • They're always sucking up the airways in different ways.
  • Remember when Liz Phair wasn't one of them?
  • And now I think we've all pretty much washed our hands of Ms Phair, haven't we?
  • What show was she on, Tiff?
  • Pepper Dennis?
  • That's just so fucking sad.
  • Oh, dear Jebus (or Gesus, if you prefer)--there's a new Cracker album.
  • Now that's crap-ticulous.
  • Oh, no wait--that's not nearly as bad as the review below it, for the new Toto album.
  • OK, I have to repeat that in all caps.
  • THE NEW TOTO ALBUM
  • !
  • ahem
  • Also, can we all officially declare Madonna out of touch?
  • Please?
  • I'll give you my sparkly jacket with the dollar bill pyramid on the back.
  • It used to belong to Jimi Hendrix, you know.
  • Someone just needed help finding Who Moved My Cheese.
  • Is it just me, or should authors of hokey self-help-type books avoid using words like "cheese" in their titles?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the kicker final item.