Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I cleaned out my car & found my Neutral Milk Hotel cd.

Billboard April 8 2006.
  • New Built To Spill today.
  • I'm planning on buying it on my way to Indianapolis this afternoon.
  • Everyone wish me luck on my panel thing!
  • Is there an Ulta or Sephora in Indy?
  • I totally need some new perfume.
  • I also believe I will tell the story of the Last Time I Was In Indianapolis when I come back.
  • Hey, no double cover action this week. That's nice.
  • Jenny Lewis is not looking cute here.
  • Wide stripes on a mini-dress with a giant sash is not a good choice.
  • Wait, the Get Up Kids broke up?
  • I'm so behind the not-relevant-anymore times.
  • Hee--Little Steven is making up band names in his column.
  • OK, until I can get a full-on iPod/phone and not just "Download 4 songs to your cell!", I don't care about the shit you can put on your phone.
  • Plus, I'm not worrying about iPod-type stuff until I move back to the Land of Commuting By Public Transportation and Walking.
  • You know, some asshole in the small town I work in cut me off yesterday while I was trying to cross the street and totally had the right of way.
  • No one remembers pedestrian around here. It's weird.
  • And then the maintenance man for the library I guess honked at me from his truck.
  • I realize there's a lot of things about GirlWorld that boys/men don't know about, but you have to realize if I'm walking down the street and someone just honks, I'm going to ignore it.
  • Much like, if you see me on the street, you must call out my actual name, because no girl worth her salt responds to "Hey, girl!"
  • Where'd the expression "worth her salt" come from anyway?
  • You'd think I'd know that; I did read the damn history of salt book after all.
  • Oh, god, Chryssie "I'm not a Feminazi" Hynde is doing 6 questions.
  • Why do I feel this is somehow related to all the Davies-solo-album press?
  • Oh, Pretenders have a box set coming out.
  • "I never had [another] girl in the band, because I never wanted it to get too emotional."
  • There's only one Pretenders song I really like anyway: "Back on the Chain Gang"
  • I guess I'm just too much of an emotional girl for them.
  • Maybe it's because it's that time of the month.
  • Queensryche have a new album coming out.
  • There's this adorable little white-with-green-trim fairy tale looking bungalow in the real estate section.
  • It looks like the house Dirk and Weetzie inherit from his grandmother.
  • Wait--Alice in Chains are still a band?
  • Did they pull an INXS?
  • Or do they have a Bernie who moved into singer mode?
  • And Dave Navarro's in a band called Panic Channel now?
  • John Varvatos served mini-corndogs at the launch of his new (cheaper) collection? That's awesome.
  • AND the New York Dolls performed!
  • Without Johnny Thunders, presumably.

3 comments:

Tiff said...

things that are hilarious? richard's physical resemblance (not facial, though they both have facial hair) to david johanssen...skinny, pale, veins sticking out all over the place, really narrow...

Anonymous said...

The new Built to Spill is AWESOME! I LOVE IT! While you're at it, get Band of Horses. So good!

Patrick Jones said...

One pretender's song? What about My City is Gone? Brass in Pocket or their killer cover of Stop Your Sobbing?