- In what is possibly the greatest front/back cover combo EVER, we have Toby Keith's big mug on the front, and an ad for the new Morrissey album on the back.
- I was kinda tempted to keep this magazine in my inbox for a few days, and have Mr. Morrissey and his violin stare at me.
- I officially hate that Bon Jovi smirky face thing.
- Wouldn't it be funny if WalMart sued them?
- "Consumers Hot for 'Hee Haw'"
- So, over at TagWorld (some MySpace wannabe), they're having a contest for musicians.
- If you win, your music could be in Snakes on a Plane!
- Quick, someone give me music lessons!
- Ooo, Todd Martens is talking about Waterloo Records in Austin!
- I've been there!
- That's where I bought Boink!, Let It Be on swirly blue vinyl, and This is Just a Modern Rock Song, which I had been unable to find at Paul's.
- Stupid Paul's.
- And then, in the dying-mall-esque Austin airport, a guy walked past holding Fold Your Hands Child, You Walk Like A Peasant.
- True story!
- Waterloo also contained a bunch of Morrissey 12-inches, but I couldn't've flown them all home.
- Plus, I was under the impression that I would be shortly moving to Austin, instead of into Paul's neighborhood.
- Then, when I made the Paul's neighborhood decision, I walked in there and blew some of the money I was saving for the move on the Galaxie 500 box and 69 Love Songs.
- This concludes yet another chapter of "Jessy is an indie rock stereotype".
- Butterfingers is the worst dressed band I've seen in a long time.
- This one guy's rocking the flip-flops (I'm so not a fan of flip-flops on boys).
- Then they've got Mr. Tight Argyle Sweater over Button Down with Studded Belt and Ginormous Black Shorts.
- Bitch, you aren't the 21st century's Angus Young.
- Canada is apparently quite hot right now with newcomers.
- Rife with them, you might even say.
- What is it with bad band names with the word "plane" in them?
- Who did I see Planes Mistaken for Stars with?
- Cara?
- I believe it was in Philadelphia...
- They opened for some other band I can't remember now.
- I think it was at the Trocadero.
- OK, so while I was doing some "research", I came upon the fact that the Yeah Yeah Yeahs are playing the Troc in April.
- For $50 a pop.
- Anyone want to know how much I paid?
- $5.
- For them, the Raveonettes, and the Gossip.
- Same place.
- Well, plus the price of the Sleater-Kinney ticket, the bill they were supposed to be on, but Karen O had "bronchitis" or something.
- Victory Records is hiring a bunch of positions.
- and there's our boy Morrissey again...
Thursday, March 30, 2006
You smiled once and walked away.
Billboard April 1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i'm totally pissed at morrissey right now...i know, stone me for sacrilege, but he's being way too smug and self-important...look at me! I don't like the seal hunt so i won't play any shows in canada! cause the people who go to my shows have anything to do with that! Look, I'm going to blame Kate Moss for pete dougherty's downward slide, despite the fact that he was a thieving druggie jailbird before he met her! and i'm totally saying all this shit because i have a new album coming out that my fans will totally buy and never listen to again!
sorry. i just had to get that off my chest
Post a Comment