Friday, February 04, 2005

Hipsters poised to take over Earth using girl cyborgs!



Apparently, this is actually a book about a guy who doesn't care about anything but his band, until he meets the perfect girl. The perfect girl, who, unfortunately, is actually a junkie with a pimp named Iggy.
I mean, who in the hell designed this? Is it a joke? She looks evil, and what's with the red eyes and the "she-robot in repose" facial expression? He's in her mind, controlling her every move with the sweet sweet sounds of Room on Fire.
I'll stop now.
Today I also: made some ambivalent Valentines, tried to determine if I was actually getting sick or not, had the presence of mind to shut Legs (aka Dinner and a Half) in my room while I made my lunch this morning, and cleaned both my desk and my work email account. And yet it still feels like the day is dragging. That's the problem with Fridays: I have to be at work 2 hours earlier than usual, so 5:00 takes forever to show up and I'm pretty much dead, especially if it's at all busy, which it completely isn't right now. The only patrons are homeschoolers and internet kids.
Is it somehow a side effect of being homeschooled that you don't ask any adults other than your parents for help? Seriously, getting homeschoolers to ask a librarian for help is like pulling teeth, even when you ask if you can help while they're in the middle of a loud conversation about not being able to find something.

March 11, 2005 update!
Check out the UK cover of Candy: . So unfair: why can't I be British!?

No comments: